Below is the content of the Y7-13 Technology Acceptable Use Agreement that all students must sign. First you must read the Code of Conduct Guidelines, then download the full Acceptable Use Agreement PDF here, sign it and return it to the Enrolments office at main reception.
I understand my school provides technology tools for me to use to support my schoolwork and my communication with others (including my peers, teachers and parents) about my learning. I understand the school allows me to use my own technology to support my learning when I have obtained my teacher’s permission.
- I will always aim for the highest standard possible in all the ways I use technology and communicate online
- I will always think critically, creatively and reflectively about the material I contribute online, how I share it, and whom I share it with.
- I will respect others opinions, beliefs and ideas in online communication
- I will be fair and honest in what I say and do online
- I will be responsible and accountable in what I say and do online
- I will act ethically onlineI will help others to act in a responsible, ethical way in the use of technology
accountable (adjective): taking responsibility for one's actions
- I need to think about decisions I make with regard to technology, because I am responsible for the consequences.
- I am prepared to explain my actions.
critically, creatively, reflectively - adverbs
critically - examining how effective something is
creatively - with originality and freshness
reflectively - personal thought on how something has been done
- I will check where possible that information I use from the internet is accurate.
- I will think about what I read online and ask questions about it.
- I will remember that anyone can make a webpage and that they are not all reliable.
- I will examine my own work to see that I have made it truly my own.
- I will be aware of the decisions I make about technology and whether or not they will be in my best interests.
ethical - (adjective): to have moral standards
- I will ask permission before I use photos of other people.
- I will think whether I would like the same thing done to me
- I will not use other people's password
- I will ask permission before I use the work of other people and I will acknowledge them
- Copying other peoples work and pretending it is your own is called plagiarism. It is the same as cheating.
aim (verb) - to set goals
highest (a superlative adjective) - the most
standard (noun) - quality
- I will look after the equipment
- I will remember that technology helps my thinking and doesn’t replace it.
- I will use technology to create work that I am proud to show others.