Uniform shop will be open in the school holidays on Thursday 26th of April from 8am till 1pm to purchase your winter uniform and sports gear.
The Marsden School Uniform Shop is the only retailer of the school and sports uniforms.
The shop has all uniform requirements all year round unless an item is out of stock. We also have second hand uniform items available, but these must be purchased from the shop personally. Mail order is not applicable.
The shop also has items of Marsden memorabilia suitable for keepsakes, gifts and visitors.
Normal Uniform Shop Hours
During school term Uniform Shop hours are:
- Monday : 8–9am and 12pm–5pm
- Wednesday : 12pm–5pm
The shop is also open for at least one day during the term holidays and for the last week of the January holidays for general and last minute purchases. The Uniform Shop in Karori now has Credit Card facilities available. There is a 2½% fee on every transaction.
Uniform Shop Location
The Uniform Shop is located next to Marsden Village Cafe at the rear of Marsden Village, 153 Karori Road, Karori. Access is from the car park in Marsden Village.
Phone number (04) 476 8479
Second Hand Drop-offs
You can also leave clothes at the main school office if the shop is closed. Please complete the Second Hand uniform form at the time of depositing clothing. Any clothing without a completed form will not be accepted. All Blazers, Tartan Skirts and Pinafores must be Dry-cleaned and meet our conditions of sale. All other clothing must be laundered.
Second Hand Sales
We sell second hand uniform on behalf of families. The payment for sales of second hand uniform is sent out once a term. All items for sale must be in excellent condition. Main items i.e. Coat, Blazer, Skirt must be Dry-cleaned and have visible, up to date Dry-cleaning tags on. A Second Hand form must be signed at the time of depositing any items of clothing.
- Green Blazer
- Marsden green rain jacket
- Green v-neck jersey
- White long sleeve winter shirt
- Marsden tie for winter and dress occasions
- White short sleeve summer shirt
- White ankle socks in summer, black tights in winter.
Year 12 and 13 students may wear black tights in summer and winter.
- Skirt - knee length for Year 7-11 and no more than 7cm above the knee when kneeling for Year 12 and 13.
- Pinafore for Year 1-6.
- Tracksuit for Preschool.
- Green PE shorts, blue PE top and/or House T-shirt.
- Marsden peaked cap or cricket hat.
We expect our students to wear their uniforms with pride. The following points apply to all students:
- Uniform must be worn correctly at all times. The personal appearance of all pupils must be of the highest standard.
- Correct uniform must always be worn in School, and for other School activities, unless special instructions are given. Clean sports gear or tracksuits are to be worn to and from sport.
- Hair must be worn in a neat style, and if longer than shoulder-length must be tied back with Marsden green, brown or black hair tie, Marsden green ribbon, Marsden green ribbon, Marsden green headband, or dark brown hair clips. Hair must be natural in colour.
- One gold or silver stud earring may be worn in the lobe of each ear. No other jewellery is to be worn.
- No makeup or nail polish is to be worn. If a student arrives at school wearing makeup or nail polish they will be required to remove it at the school office at the parents' expense.
- All clothing, watches, wallets and pens must be marked clearly with owner's name.
- Black hard leather lace up shoes. Parents are requested to see that all shoes are plain, well-fitted and kept in good repair. Suede shoes, ankle boots or light coloured shoes are not acceptable. Shoes with laces around the ankles may not be worn. Laces must be black.
- A Marsden scarf may be worn to and from school only.
- Blazers must be worn to and from school, in assembly and for special occasions.
- Jerseys may not be worn in the street except under a coat or blazer.
- Summer shirts must be buttoned at the neck.
- Winter shirts must be buttoned at the neck, and with a tie.
- Full PE uniform must be worn for PE lessons.
- A Coverall/paint shirt/Lab coat should be used for lessons as required.
- A Marsden sunhat must be worn when students are outdoors in Terms 1 and 4 between the hours of 11am and 4pm. This includes PE lessons, outdoor activities and lunchtimes.