The School motto "Ad Summa" forms the guidelines for behaviour at Marsden School. High expectations are set for all students in academic, cultural, sporting and social development. The aim is to inspire pupils, fostering self-confidence and providing them with a balanced education, which develops the whole person and brings out the best in each student.
Students are expected to ...
- Treat all members of the school community and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- Accept the rights of others within the school community to be free from any form of harassment.
- Take full part in the academic, sporting, cultural and spiritual life of the School.
- Work diligently in class and complete all homework to the best of their ability.
- Be punctual to school and to all classes. Be properly equipped for lessons.
- Attend regularly unless illness or approved absence prevents attendance.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance at all times, wearing the uniform correctly with pride.
- Take responsibility for the protection of school property and the school environment (there is no eating in the corridors, there will be no graffiti).
- Recognise that the following are banned from the School:
~Chewing gum, cigarettes, alcohol or other drugs, matches
~Smoking, drinking alcohol and drug taking are forbidden.
- Any pupil breaking this rule is liable for instant dismissal.
- Keep cell phones switched to silent during class time unless teacher advises otherwise.
- Treat the following areas as OUT OF BOUNDS except with the express permission of a staff member:
~All specialist rooms
~Senior School Common Rooms to all except Years 12 and 13.
~The technical equipment and catwalks in the Auditorium
~Gymnasium portable equipment.
~Musical instruments, video equipment, smartboards, projectors, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
~All telephones except for the phone located by the Cafeteria and the Senior School Vestibule.
- Stand in queue for buses and wait their turn when boarding. Ensure younger children board first and are seated at the front. Stand for adults in buses.
- Keep the classroom tidy and safe.
- Not eat in the street whilst in School uniform.
- Use all equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Stand whenever an adult enters the classroom.