What are your responsibilities as a digital citizen?
Technology: Acceptable Use Agreement
I understand my school provides technology tools for me to use to support my schoolwork and my communication with others (including my peers, teachers and parents) about my learning. I understand the school allows me to use my own technology to support my learning when I have obtained my teacher’s permission.
- I will always aim for the highest standard possible in all the ways I use technology and communicate online
- I will always think critically, creatively and reflectively about the material that I contribute online, how I share it, and whom I share it
- I will respect others opinions, beliefs and ideas in online communication
- I will be fair and honest in what I say and do online
- I will be responsible and accountable in what I say and do online
- I will act ethically online
- I will help others to act in a responsible, ethical way in the use of technology
I understand that if I do not use technology in a responsible and ethical manner, I will be held accountable for my actions and may lose access to school technology, or face other consequences.
accountable (adjective): taking responsibility for one's actions
What does it mean to be 'accountable'?
- I need to think about decisions I make with regard to technology, because I am responsible for the consequences.
- I am prepared to explain my actions.
Critical, creative, reflective
What does it mean to think 'critically, creatively and reflectively'?
critically, creatively, reflectively - adverbs
critically - examining how effective something is
creatively - with originality and freshness
reflectively - personal thought on how something has been done
- I will check where possible that information I use from the internet is accurate.
- I will think about what I read online and ask questions about it.
- I will remember that anyone can make a webpage and that they are not all reliable.
- I will examine my own work to see that I have made it truly my own.
- I will be aware of the decisions I make about technology and whether or not they will be in my best interests.
ethical - (adjective): to have moral standards
What does it mean to be ethical?
- I will ask permission before I use photos of other people.
- I will think whether I would like the same thing done to me
- I will not use other people's password
- I will ask permission before I use the work of other people and I will acknowledge them
- Copying other peoples work and pretending it is your own is called plagiarism. It is the same as cheating.
What does it mean 'aim for the highest standard'?aim (verb) - to set goals
highest (a superlative adjective) - the most
standard (noun) - quality
- I will look after the equipment
- I will remember that technology helps my thinking and doesn’t replace it.
- I will use technology to create work that I am proud to show others.